Position: Visitor Services Representative (part time, non-exempt, non-benefitted)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2014
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Associate Director of Visitor Services and Events
- Staff the reception desk, greet and provide assistance to museum visitorswith a focus on customer service, organization and efficiency. Ensure visitors are attended to professionally and promptly.
- Handle ticket sales and sales from the museum shop; manage cash drawer.
- Promote and sell museum memberships.
- Supply front desk with sufficient visitor information literature, maps, and other necessary materials.
- Interface with museum security to implement museum policies and procedures for the safety and security of visitors and of the museum.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful environment for museum visitors. Serve as a resource for, and communicate well with, a variety of visitors, understand and address the special needs of different visitors, address visitor concerns and complaints in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Understand and help carry out the museum's mission, activities, services and programs.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with peers at other area museums.
- Serve as an ambassador of the museum and perform an array of duties as needed.
Minimum Education, Job Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with coursework in business or arts administration preferred; one to two years of customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Prior experience in a museum setting a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office products; experience with ticketing and point of sales systems is highly desirable (the museum uses Altru, a Blackbaud product).
- Prior sales experience and cash/registerhandling strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask,to work in fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines, while maintaining flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public and to exercise tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Sensitivity to diverse characteristics of visitors and understanding of the requirements of visitors with disabilities or special needs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
TO APPLY FOR OPEN POSITIONS
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Clyfford Still Museum
Attention: Human Resources
1250 Bannock St.
Denver, CO 80204
No phone calls please
Non-Discrimination Statement- The Museum prohibits making any employment decisions or basing any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of a person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, transgendered status, marital status, disability, political affiliation, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
The Museum follows this policy in all terms and conditions of employment including, without limitation, recruitment, hiring, testing, training, certification, promotions, demotions, terminations, performance evaluations, leaves, and use of Museum facilities.
The Museum expressly prohibits any employment-based retaliation against anyone who brings a complaint of discrimination or who assists the Museum in the investigation of a complaint of discrimination.
The Clyfford Still Museum is seeking volunteers. Visit our volunteer page to learn more and download the volunteer application.