COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Position: Communications and Marketing (title depends on experience)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2014
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Museum’s Director or Deputy Director
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive communications, public relations, and marketing program to advance and enhance the Museum’s image and position, facilitate internal and external communications, and increase Museum attendance.
- Oversee editorial design, production and distribution of many Museum publications and adherence to brand and style standards of print and electronic materials
- Oversee strategy and content production for member communications, ad copy and social media, and provide services and resources for various departmental projects
- Act as the Museum’s media representative, coordinate and respond to media interest in the Museum, build relationships and ensure regular contact with target media to promote the Museum and its events
- Write press releases, arrange press conferences and events, and analyze and report on media coverage
- Negotiate media partnerships and sponsorships and manage fulfillment of these arrangements
- Oversee website redevelopment and ongoing website content management
- Maintain promotional materials inventory
- Prepare and adhere to an annual operating budget
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including taking on multiple tasks as may be required for a small-staffed institution
Minimum Education, Job Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Three to five years experience in communications, marketing, or public relations, preferably in the arts or nonprofit sectors, and demonstrated prior success
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience in project management, and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written (including writing, editing and proofreading) and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products, desktop publishing software, graphics programs, and presentation software
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Experience in website development and content management
Please send cover letter, resume and references to the above address.
Non-Discrimination Statement- The Museum prohibits making any employment decisions or basing any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of a person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, transgendered status, marital status, disability, political affiliation, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
The Museum follows this policy in all terms and conditions of employment including, without limitation, recruitment, hiring, testing, training, certification, promotions, demotions, terminations, performance evaluations, leaves, and use of Museum facilities.
The Museum expressly prohibits any employment-based retaliation against anyone who brings a complaint of discrimination or who assists the Museum in the investigation of a complaint of discrimination.
The Clyfford Still Museum is seeking volunteers. Visit our volunteer page to learn more and download the volunteer application.